Wells Fargo is an American financial company whose corporate headquarters are in San Francisco, California. Its operational headquarters are in Manhattan, while its executive offices are available all over the United States and internationally. You can get various products from the bank, including checking & savings accounts, payment cards, and many others. You will learn more about the Wells Fargo Propel card shortly.
You may ask yourself whether the card is a credit or debit card. The Wells Fargo propel cards are credit cards offered through American Express. American Express is among the payment card service providers with exceptional services. Others include Visa, Discover, and Mastercard. You can get the cards online once you apply using your phone. You can enjoy various perks with such cards, as we shall see.
Credit cards are vital since they allow you to borrow finances from your issuer when you have nothing left in your account. As you borrow funds using the card, your scores increase as long as you use the card appropriately. Creditors require you to pay your debt on time to keep good records. Also, the unsecured cards require a borrowing history to get them.
Key features of the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card
When applying for a credit card, the most important thing you must note is the card features. That helps you to know if the card is helpful to you or not. Different payment cards have different features. You will enjoy the following features when you narrow down to the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card.
1. Cell Phone Protection
One of the significant features of the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card is the Cell phone protection feature. You can use your eligible Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card for your monthly cell phone bill payment and get up to $600 of cell phone damage plus theft protection. The feature is subject to a $25 deductible.
2. Entertainment Access
You can get early access to buy tickets for various events. These include concerts, sports, theater, and more throughout the year. You can buy presale tickets before a public event and experience the best when you use your card. You can carry out the transaction when you visit ticketmaster.com/amexnetwork to find more.
3. American Express Essentials
The company presents a selection of the best travel and lifestyle trends containing ideas from around the world. That way, their consumers can benefit from such information for travel moments.
4. My Wells Fargo Deals
As a beneficiary of the card, you will enjoy various deals to better your financial life. You will turn your purchases into considerable value with Amex-Only deals via My Wells Fargo Deals.
5. Zero Liability Protection
All Wells Fargo credit cards come with Zero Liability protection. The feature ensures that you are not responsible for unauthorized purchases as long as you report promptly.
6. Mobile Alerts
Once you get the card, you will be able to receive alerts on any transaction that happens with your card. That way, you can take the most appropriate action to prevent theft.
The Beneficiary things Of Wells Fargo Propel Benefits
You can enjoy various benefits with the Wells Fargo Propel American Express. They include the following.
- Zero liability, whereby you will not be liable for any illegal usage of your card. Sometimes, you may lose your card, and someone uses it to make online purchases. In such a case, you won’t be the one to incur the costs. The issuer will carry the burden as long as you report immediately.
- The card has zero annual fees, so you do not need to pay any money for card maintenance.
- You can earn points for using the card. Users can earn 10,000 points when they use $1,000 within the first 3 months.
- 3X points on eligible dining, travel, transportation, and streaming service purchases. You also get 1X points on other purchases.
Other Benefits Of Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card
Other than those mentioned above, we also have other benefits that you get from the card. They include the following.
- 0% introductory APR
The card gives you a 0% intro APR for the first 12 months (then 14.49% to 24.99% (variable).
- Purchase protection
You can recoup your expenses if items you buy with the card are stolen or damaged within a specific timeframe.
- Travel benefits
You can enjoy various benefits when you travel with the card to make your life in a foreign country easy.
- No foreign exchange fees
The card charges no foreign transaction fees. Therefore, you can save a lot of money.
Drawbacks of the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card
Despite the card having some good things to celebrate, various disadvantages come with the card. They include the following.
- American Express cards are not widely accepted compared to Visa or Mastercard. Therefore, you will encounter challenges at some places that do not accept the card. That can be very embarrassing, especially when you want to make necessary purchases.
- Extra bonus points exclude grocery store purchases. Most cards allow you to earn bonus points even when you purchase at grocery stores. However, that is not the case with the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card.
- The card requires good to excellent credit scores. That means you cannot get the card if you have fair or poor scores. That makes the card very selective, and not everybody can benefit from it.
Utilizations Of The Wells Fargo Propel Card
You can use the card for various transactions. These include the following.
- Buying goods and services. You can use the card to buy goods and services online. You only need to provide the card number, the expiry dates, and the security code to make your purchase.
- Withdraw money. You can withdraw funds using your card at ATMs if you provide your PIN. However, ATM withdrawals are not recommended when using credit cards as it attracts a lot of fees.
- Send money. You can get a convenience check if you want to send money to someone.
Wells Fargo Propel Foreign Transaction Fee
Foreign transaction fees are the charges that you must part with when using your card in another country. In simple terms, foreign transaction fees are charged by a credit card issuer for purchases that take place overseas. These fees are usually 1%–3% of the value of your transaction and are generally paid by U.S. travelers in dollars.
Is the Wells Fargo Propel card worth it?
The card is worthy of having because of the various perks that it comes with. As I mentioned, the card does have annual fees. That means one can save a lot of money in the long run. Also, the card issuer offers zero liability protection. That means you do not have to incur costs on illegal transactions.
Secondly, the card allows you to earn points on your purchases. That way, you can realize the value of your card. Many things make the card worthy of having, as mentioned in the Wells Fargo benefits section.
Wells Fargo is an American financial company whose corporate headquarters are in San Francisco, California. Its operational headquarters are in Manhattan, while its executive offices are available all over the United States and internationally. There are various products you can get from the company. The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card is among the various products you can enjoy today. The card has no foreign transaction fees. Also, it does not charge annual fees.