Western Union is a money transfer service with headquarters in Denver, Colorado in the United States of America. The service allows you to transfer money to various nations of the world. You can also receive money from people in various countries. Since you can transfer money from your Western Union account to Western Union recipients, can you transfer money from Western Union to the Cash App?
Well, that is what I want to discuss today. The flexibility to transfer money from one platform to the other makes it easy to pay for goods and services. Someone is comfortable getting payments in their Cash App account while another person is comfortable with PayPal and so on. Even though most mobile wallets do not support the transfer of money across platforms, we will see if it is possible with Western Union and Cash App.
Cash App is also a digital payment platform that helps you to send and receive money from other account holders. However, unlike Western Union that operates in many countries of the world, Cash App operates only in the United States and the UK. Also, you can only use the service online. Western Union has some physical locations that you can use to send and receive money.
How do I get started with Western Union?
To get started with Western Union, you have to visit the Western Union registration page. You need an active email address that you must enter in the space provided. You will also need to enter your first and last names, and then create a strong password. Then hit the Continue tab. Western Union will send a link to your email address where you have to verify the email.
Next, you have to verify your ID. To carry out the process, you will need to visit the nearest NEC agent location or even request a visit. Afterward, your account will be ready for use. You can verify your profile with your United States driver’s license, passport, or government-issued ID.
Note that the registration criteria might be different from one country to the other. Therefore, you should look for a registration link that goes with your country if you do not live in the United States. After that, you can then send money through Western Union online, either over the web or using the smartphone app.
How to send money from Western Union to Cash App
There is no way you can directly transfer money from Western Union to Cash App. The two services do not work together. However, you can use an indirect way to transfer money from Western Union to Cash App. The first step is adding a bank account to the Cash App. You can use the following procedure to add a bank account to Cash App.
- Tap the Banking tab on your Cash App home screen.
- Select Link Bank.
- Follow the prompts
You can also modify a linked bank account in the following procedure.
- Select the Banking tab on your Cash App home screen.
- Hit on Linked Banks or Linked Accounts.
- Tap the account to modify.
- Select Remove Bank or Replace Bank.
- Follow the prompts.
Once you have added your bank to the Cash App, you can log into your Western Union account online and transfer money to the bank account you added to the Cash App. You can also send money via the Western Union App. After that, you can log into your Cash App account to add money.
You can send money from Western Union to a bank account in the following manner.
- Log into your online account.
- Enter an amount and destination.
- Select a bank account as the receiving medium.
- Next, enter your receiving bank account details to transfer money directly to the bank account.
- Choose whether to pay with your debit card or with your bank account.
- Confirm to send and track your transfer.
To add money to your Cash App account, you can use the following procedure.
- Tap the Banking tab on the Cash App home screen.
- Hit Add Cash.
- Enter an amount.
- Tap Add.
- Use your Touch ID or enter your PIN to confirm the transaction.
This way, you will have successfully transferred money from Western Union to Cash App.
How to send money to a Western Union recipient
You can quickly transfer money from your Western Union account to another Western Union recipient within minutes. All you need is the receiver’s name as it appears on their ID, plus other details that correctly identify them. The following procedure will help you to transfer money.
- Enter the transfer details, such as your recipient’s country.
- Enter the amount of money to send.
- Choose the mobile wallet as the delivery method.
- Enter recipient’s details; these include your receiver’s name as it appears on the ID and other required details.
- Pay for the transaction with your credit, debit card, or with a bank.
Once you complete the transaction, you will get a confirmation message on your phone with the tracking number (MTCN). You will also get a notification when the money is to be delivered.
How do I receive money in a Western Union wallet?
Western Union allows you to receive money in the mWallet service within the selected countries. The sender can see the available countries in the drop-down menu when sending. To receive money, you need to have the following.
- Ensure you have a functioning mWallet account.
- Share your details with the sender.
- Receive money in your mWallet.
How do I open a Cash App account?
Opening a Cash App account is a straightforward activity whereby you need your smartphone or computer to get started. The following are steps to guide you to open a Cash App account.
When opening your Cash App account online,
- Visit the Cash App account creation page.
- Enter your phone number or email in the space provided. Cash App sends a code to your phone number or email address.
- Enter the code in your email or phone number.
- Enter your debit card information to link your bank. You can always transfer money from a credit card to a Cash App when you send or spend money on something using a Cash App account.
- Enter your full name.
- Decide on the most appropriate $Cashtag for your account. Others will use the $Cashtag to send money to your account.
- Finalize the account creation by entering your Zip code.
Your account is now ready to use, and you can start sending requests or moving money to other Cash App account holders.
How do I send money using Cash App?
When you have a sufficient balance in your Cash App account, you can transfer money to other Cash App users in the following manner.
- Open your Cash App.
- Next, enter the amount to send.
- Select Pay.
- Enter the recipient’s email address, $Cashtag, or phone number.
- Enter the reason for the payment.
- Tap Pay.
As I mentioned earlier, you cannot send money internationally with Cash App apart from the US to the UK and vice versa. Therefore, the Cash App money transfer app is a limited service, unlike Western Union and PayPal.
Can I cancel a Cash App transaction?
You cannot cancel a Cash App instant transaction since money moves out as soon as you initiate the process. However, the recipients can send money back to your account in the following manner.
- Hit on the Activity tab on the Cash App home screen
- Select the concerned payment
- Tap . . .
- Select Refund
- Press OK
You can also use the refund button to request your money back from someone you send erroneously.
Cash App also refunds money that they suspect was sent fraudulently. The service usually monitors various transactions every day, and you may fall victim to a canceled transaction. If that happens, the funds will be available in your Cash App account as soon as the transaction cancellation happens.
If you used your bank, Cash App will avail the concerned Cash within one to three business days, depending on your bank. You can reduce incidences of transaction cancellation by doing the following.
- Only link cards that are in your name.
- Send payments to or receive from people you well know or reputable businesses.
- Confirm your recipient’s phone number or the $Cashtag before transferring money.
- Frequently use your Cash App to have a healthy transaction history.
How to load my Cash App account with money
For you to use the Cash App, you have to load it with money. You can do so in the following ways.
i) Use your bank account
You can transfer money from a bank to Cash App to fund your transactions. Cash App supports numerous banks in the US and UK, making it a reliable source of money for your Cash App account.
ii) Receive money from friends and relatives
Others can send you money in your Cash App account. This way, you will have topped up your account.
iii) Use credit or debit cards
You can easily load your Cash App balance with eligible payment cards with ease.
Western Union is a money transfer service that operates globally. You can send money via Western Union at a physical branch or online. Recipients can receive cash in their bank accounts, in their Western Union wallets, or collect at a physical store.
However, you cannot directly transfer money from Western Union to a Cash App unless you use a common bank account. Cash app is only applicable in the US and the UK.