PayPal is an online money transfer service based in San Jose, California, USA. PayPal operates globally as you can send money to over 200 destinations of the world. You can do various kinds of transactions with PayPal, such as sending money online, buying goods online, and transferring money to a bank account. However, today, I want to show you how to transfer money from PayPal to a debit card.
A debit card refers to a payment card that allows you to use your checking account balance since it directly links to your checking account. As soon as you spend a certain amount of money, the expenditure automatically reflects in your bank or credit union account. Some banks also issue debit cards for savings accounts but with lots of restrictions on using the card.
Interestingly, PayPal issues a debit card to its eligible subscribers. The debit card (PayPal Cash Card) links to your PayPal Cash Plus balance account. That means if you use the card for any kind of transaction, then your PayPal balance reduces significantly. The card resembles any other debit card that you can have from a bank or credit union since you can withdraw funds at an ATM, purchase goods and services online, among others.
How do I open a PayPal account?
Opening a PayPal account is a straightforward activity and does not require fees. You just need your smartphone or a computer and an internet connection. The next thing is to decide whether you want a personal or a business account.
A personal account is for your personal expenses such as buying household goods, transport, purchasing clothes, and so on. A business account will help you receive payments once you sell your goods, purchase stock, and pay employees, among other kinds of transactions.
Once you have chosen the account type you want, you can open your account online by visiting the PayPal account creation page. All you need is a functioning email to get started. The steps below will guide you in the process.
- Go to the PayPal Sign Up page.
- Choose between a personal and business account.
- Click Sign Up Now.
- Enter your information, including your email address, and a password that must have at least eight characters. The password allows you to log in to your PayPal account.
- Hit Next.
- Click Agree and Create Account.
You will receive a message right in your email address giving you instructions on how to proceed. Your account will be ready for use, and you will be able to send money to someone without a bank account by just using your PayPal account. For your information, you can use PayPal without a bank account, although it is advisable to add one to help in funding your transactions.
What can I do with a PayPal account?
There are several transactions you can do with PayPal. They include the following.
- Buy goods and services online.
- Send money to other PayPal users.
- Withdraw money at an ATM using the PayPal Cash Card.
- Transfer money to a bank account.
- Transfer money to a debit card.
How to transfer funds from PayPal to a debit card instantly
PayPal allows you to transfer money instantly to your debit card. Therefore, you can get money in minutes to use for emergency cases such as paying hospital bills, buying food, and transport, among others. Unlike the usual 1-3 business days transfer method, the PayPal instant transfer service attracts some fees. To transfer money instantly to your debit card, the steps below are necessary.
- Log in to your PayPal account app and hit on your balance. You will see your current PayPal balance that you can withdraw from.
- Select “Transfer money.”
- Hit on “Transfer to your bank.”
- Choose your account, or link an eligible debit card if you haven’t already, and then hit next.
- Enter the amount of money to transfer.
- Review the details, then tap “Transfer.”
The instant transfer comes at a cost. You have to part with a 1% fee of the amount transferred. The maximum fee you can pay is $10. Interestingly, instant transfers to a debit card account take a few minutes or up to half an hour. I can as well transfer money from PayPal to my bank account by following the steps above and choosing a bank account instead of a debit card.
How to link a bank or debit card to PayPal
Before transferring money from PayPal to a bank account or debit card, you have to link the concerned account to PayPal. Below are steps to help you link your card or bank account.
- Choose Wallet at the top of the page.
- Select Link a bank account.
- Choose your bank, or click ‘Don’t see your bank?’ at the bottom.
- You can have an option to link a bank account instantly, depending on the bank you select. The option is possible for banks with online banking services. You can just enter your bank account details manually if your bank is unavailable and click Agree and Link.
To link a debit card, follow the steps below.
- Log into your account.
- Click Wallet.
- Select Link a debit or credit card. You can see this on the left side of the page.
- Follow the instructions to link your card.
How do I add funds to my Paypal account?
There are various ways you can avail money on your PayPal account. They include the following.
1) Receive money from others
To receive money from someone else via PayPal, you need to provide them with your PayPal ID; your PayPal email address.
2) Use a bank account
Just as you can transfer money from one bank to another, PayPal allows you to send money from your bank to your PayPal account. You can add a bank account to your PayPal account to load it. At times, you can request funding from your bank account if your PayPal balance is insufficient.
3) Use a debit or credit card
Once you add a credit or debit card to your PayPal account, you can use it to load your PayPal account.
PayPal is an online payment service that operates from the US. The platform allows you to send and receive money from over 200 countries. You can open a business or personal PayPal account. PayPal also helps you to buy goods and services online. It also has a debit card that enables you to withdraw money from ATMs. You can load your PayPal account with funds from your bank account, debit, or credit card.