Cash App is a very flexible app since it allows money transfer to and from various financial institutions. The ability to move funds from one company to the other makes the circulation of money easy. People can buy goods and services and pay across various platforms. Today, I want to show you how to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App.
If you have money in Apple Pay, you might have some limitations of using it in particular platforms since Apple Pay is not supported everywhere. However, this does not mean that Apple Pay is less important than Cash App but only that each business has its regulations. Therefore, you might be forced to move money from either Cash App to Apple Pay or from Apple Pay to Cash App and so on.
The movement of money may attract some fees across various financial platforms. You will find out later whether the transfer of funds from Apple Pay to Cash App attracts some charges or not. Charging a transaction fee is way companies use to make money from those using their services. However, if available, and usually a small percentage of funds under the transaction.
What is Cash App?
Cash App, formerly Square Cash, is a financial services company that operates from San Francisco in the United States of America. It is a product of Square, another payment service that operates in the US. It allows users to transfer funds from one person to the other using a mobile app. You can also use Cash App over the web.
Cash App operates both in the US and UK. The company started operating in 2013 and has grown over the years. This year’s statistics indicated that Cash App has around 36 million active users. There is a great possibility of the company growing even more prominent in the coming years due to its flexibility, excellent services, and ease of use.
As I had indicated earlier, the app allows you to move money across various platforms, unlike others with lots of limitations. A platform like Netspend does not allow you to move funds to a bank account. If you need funds in your bank account, you have to transfer money from Netspend to PayPal, then to your bank account which may take many days to complete.
Square, Inc. developed Cash App to compete with other emerging mobile money wallets such as PayPal’s Venmo, Apple Pay, and Google Pay. It has been a success since the company started. With Cash App, you can pay bills, send money, withdraw cash at an ATM if you have a Cash Card among other kinds of transactions. Every user has the $cashtag username which you can even use to send or request money from your friends and relatives. Cash App is available in Google Play Store and in the App Store.
What is Apple Pay?
Before I discuss how you can move money from Apple Pay to a bank account, let me talk about the mobile money wallet and what it is all about. Well, Apple Pay is a financial company with a digital wallet where users can transact electronically.
The platform is a product of Apple Inc and allows you to transact over the Apple Pay iOS app and on the web using Safari. You can purchase apps from the App Store, send money and also pay online on online shops that accept Apple Pay.
Apple Pay started operating in the year 2014, about a year later after the release of Cash App. unlike Cash App that operates in the US and UK only, Apple Pay services are available in various countries which include United Kingdom, Brazil, Mexico, the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Russia, Ukraine, Montenegro, Serbia, Kazakhstan, China, New Zealand, Canada, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Georgia, South Africa, Israel, Belarus, and all nations in the European Economic Area (EEA).
The app operates on Apple devices such as iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch, and Mac. Mac computers must have a Touch ID in order to support Apple Pay. Furthermore, not all operating systems support the app. For Apple smartphones and tablets, you need iOS 8.1 or later for the app and
iOS 10 or later to use Apple Pay on the web. All watch OS versions support the app. To use the service on your Mac computer, it should have macOS Sierra or later plus a Touch ID. You should always use Apple Pay with an up-to-date operating system. To get the Apple Pay app on your phone or tablet, you need to visit the App Store.
How to transfer funds from Apple Pay to Cash App
If you want to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App, you should integrate Cash App with Apple Pay using the Cash Card. You, therefore, need to activate the Cash Card on your iPhone or any other relevant device. The Cash Card debit card links to your Cash App account so that you can spend money directly from your Cash App account using the card.
When adding your Cash Card to your Apple Pay account, you need to verify your identity to add the card successfully. You will also need to verify your Apple Cash ID. To add the Cash Card, the steps below are helpful.
- Log into your Apple Wallet account
- Tap + icon in the top-right corner of your screen
- Tap “credit or debit card”
- Take a photo of your cash card. You can also key in the card details manually to proceed to complete the setup
- Once you have added the card successfully, it should appear on the Apple’s Wallet home screen. You can check the card details to ensure that you successfully added them to your Apple Pay account
Now that you have added your card successfully, you can then begin the transfer process from your Apple Pay wallet to your Cash App account. The steps below will guide you through transferring money from Apple Pay to Cash App.
- Log into your Apple Pay Wallet app on your device
- Navigate to the Apple Pay Cash card
- Hit on the three dots on the screen for settings
- Hit on ‘Information’ and then select ‘Transfer.’
- Enter the amount
- Tap Next.
- Select Instant Transfer. If you have not added the Cash Card, use the Add Card option and follow the instructions on your screen.
- If the card is already added, choose the card you want to use.
- Select the payment information for the Cash Card.
- The transfer will attract some fees, which the service provider will deduct based on your sending amount.
The instant transfer allows money to arrive in your Cash App within 30 minutes.
Can you transfer money from Apple Pay to a bank account?
Apple pay allows you to transfer funds to a bank account instantly. You can also select the 1 to 3 business days option if the funds are not that urgent. It is not like when you want to transfer money from Netspend to a bank account whereby you have to first move the funds to your PayPal account, then to your bank.
Instant transfer ensures that the funds are in your bank account within 30 minutes after confirming the transfer. Instant transfers are to a Visa debit card, while the typical 1 to 3 business days apply to a bank account. To initiate instant transfer funds to your bank account, follow the steps below.
- Log into your Apple Pay account
- Navigate to your card info
- If using an iPhone, open the Wallet app, tap on your Apple Cash card, and then hit the more button. If you are using an iPad, open the Settings app, tap Wallet & Apple Pay, and then select your Apple Cash card
- Select Transfer to Bank
- Enter the amount of money to transfer and tap Next
- Tap Instant Transfer. If you haven’t added your Visa debit card, you can hit on Add Card and follow the guidelines on your screen to add the card
- Next, Tap > and select the Visa debit card to move funds to
- Select the billing information for the chosen debit card and complete the transaction. The money should reflect in your Visa debit card within 30 minutes
If you do not have a Visa debit card, you can still use the standard transfer method and move money directly to your bank account. You will wait for three days for the funds to reflect. Follow the steps below to move money to your bank account.
- Log into your Apple Pay account
- Navigate to your card info
- If using an iPhone, open the Wallet app, tap on your Apple Cash card, and then hit the more button. If you are using an iPad, open the Settings app, tap Wallet & Apple Pay, and then select your Apple Cash card.
- Select Transfer to Bank.
- Enter the amount to transfer.
- Tap Next.
- Select 1-3 Business Days. You can add your bank details at this stage if you haven’t done so.
- Confirm the transaction with Touch ID, Face ID, or passcode.
- The funds should be in your bank account within 1 to 3 business days
Is Apple Pay Safe?
The platform is safe to use. Even when adding bank details such as your bank account, you should not be worried that someone may use the information to steal from your account. Furthermore, no one can steal using your bank account number only. If you have a query such as; “can someone withdraw money with my account number,” then you now know that it is impossible.
Cash App and Apple Pay are some of the most used mobile wallets in the US. You can transfer money across the two platforms quickly without challenges. Transfer of money from Apple Pay to Cash App is usually instant via the Cash Card. The instant transfer of funds attracts some fees. Apple Pay also allows you to send money to a bank account.