A gift card is a payment card that allows you to load money for use at specific shops. There are those that you can use at any location accepting gift cards. You can give your loved one a gift card loaded with money for shopping instead of giving them cash. There are various places you can buy them, and Amazon is among them. This article will show you how to transfer an Amazon gift card balance to a bank account.
Sometimes you may need cash instead of electronic money, and the only alternative you have is to transfer funds to a bank account. Money in a bank account is helpful for various kinds of transactions. You can withdraw over the counter to get cash, transfer to a savings account, or pay your bills. Again, funds in a bank account are safer. You know there are ones that anyone can use if they find them.
While most gift cards are only helpful once, some are reloadable so that you add money to the card account instead of buying a new one. That means the user must keep the card with them, and you only need to tell them to dust their cards for use once you recharge. Reloadable ones are good for school-going children as they can do their shopping conveniently.
How many types of Amazon gift cards can you buy?
Amazon has two types which include;
- eGift cards
- Physical gift cards
- Print at home gift cards
i) eGift cards
These allow you to get the card details you send by phone or email to the beneficiary. They can then use the details to purchase goods and services online at places that accept them. There are various denominations at Amazon.
They include $25, $50, $75, and $100. You can also enter a different amount that you would like to use to buy your card, and you are good to go. You also have the chance to choose the design of your card. It can be standard or animated.
Generally, the process of buying an eGift card is as below.
- Visit Amazon eGift cards page online.
- Choose your design. If you choose the animated ones, you can include something like “Merry Christmas,” “Happy New Year,” “Happy Holidays,” and so on.
- Next, enter the card details. Here, you choose from the available denominations or enter a different amount.
- Choose your delivery method. It can be through text message or email address.
- Enter your name on the “From” field.
- After that, enter a message. You can write to wish the recipients a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, etc.
- Enter quantity. i.e the number of copies you would like to generate.
- Write the delivery date. Amazon allows you a delivery period of up to one year. So if you want to reward someone for Next year’s Easter holidays, you can even buy one now, and Amazon will send them the day you choose.
Once they receive them, they can then redeem them at Amazon. As I said, I will show you how to transfer money from a gift card to a bank account shortly. You need to note that they are not returnable after buying except when required by law.
ii) Physical gift cards
These are plastic, meaning they are tangible. You select from the various denominations and then choose the recipient’s address. There are various designs you can choose from. Once you select the right card, you can proceed to purchase one and customize it with your message. The card is put in a box, prepared to be sent to the address provided.
The physical ones have no expiration date. Furthermore, they have no fees whatsoever. The amount may be printed on the gift cards. You also enjoy free one-day shipping.
iii) Print at home gift cards
The print-at-home ones allow you to either get the standardized one or put your picture, and there are various designs you can choose from. The following is the procedure to order one.
- Visit the Amazon Print at home gift cards page.
- Choose your design.
- Enter the details. Here, you can enter the amount or choose from the various denominations such as $25, $50, $75, and $100.
- Enter your preferred message
- Enter quantity, i.e., the number of cards you would like to purchase.
How do you pay for Amazon Gift cards?
You can use various payment methods to pay for your gift cards. You can use PayPal, a debit card, or even a bank account. When you use your bank account to make your payment, you transfer money using the routing number and account number of Amazon. The platform supports various banks in the US, and in most cases, you pay online.
Why choose Amazon Gift cards?
We have numerous reasons why one should consider them. They include the following.
- They never expire.
- There are multiple gift card designs plus denominations to choose from.
- They have no fees.
- Redeemable towards millions of goods at Amazon.com or particular affiliated websites.
Where can you use an Amazon gift card?
You can use your Amazon Gift card to buy goods from the Amazon.com store or at the websites affiliated with Amazon. These include Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.cn, Amazon.fr, Amazon.de, Amazon.it, Amazon.co.jp, Amazon.es, Amazon.in, or Amazon.com.au.
How to transfer an Amazon gift card balance to a bank account
We know that you can transfer money from a debit card to a bank account. But can you transfer the amazon gift card balance to a bank account? You can transfer funds to a bank account in the following manner.
- Go to Amazon Pay.
- Tap Shoppers, and sign in using your Amazon details.
- Click Withdraw Funds.
- Select a bank account.
- Enter the amount to move to your bank account.
- Tap Continue to complete the process.
As I mentioned earlier, there are various reasons why you may like to transfer your balance to a bank account. Either you want to save the funds as you do not need to use them now, or you want to make payments via the bank.
Can you exchange Amazon Gift cards for cash?
Yes, you can convert it and any other to cash. You can carry out the process in the following ways.
- Sell it to someone else. You can quickly get cash out of your gift card when you sell it to another person. They get the card and give you the cash.
- Sell it on a website. Numerous websites exchange them for cash, and you have to part with some fees. You send them the card, and then once they process it, they pay you to your bank account or debit card. And by the way, that is one way you can indirectly transfer money from one card to another, in our case, from the gift card to a debit card.
- Sell at exchange kiosks. You can convert your gift cards for cash at a fee when you sell them at exchange kiosks. The kiosks are usually in supermarkets and shopping malls.
The process below will help you in the exchange process.
- Check the balance
- Take the card to a Gift Card Exchange kiosk
- Enter the card details into the system
- Review the cashback offer and choose whether to accept it or not
- Print the voucher
- Take your voucher to the cashier and get paid
How do I get a free gift card?
I have discussed how you can buy one from Amazon. However, there are ways you can get a free gift card at Amazon. They include the following.
- Utilize Swagbucks or InboxDollars to Search on the Web.
- Take online surveys that reward you with gift cards.
- Join Rakuten and receive a freecard ($10).
- Join MyPoints and get a $10 Amazon Gift Card.
- Download Drop App and get automatic gift cards.
- Link a Card to DOSH and receive $5 instantly (cash)
Are Amazon gift cards safe to use?
The cards are safe to use because they have been adequately secured. For instance, you require a claim code to redeem the card. The following is the process to redeem yours.
- Find the claim code.
- Navigate to Redeem a Gift Card.
- Enter your claim code and hit Apply to Your Balance.
Can you send money using an Amazon gift card?
You can send money online using a debit card to a bank account or another debit card. However, gift cards allow you to spend the balance or exchange it for cash.
Gift cards are payment cards that allow you to load and send them to someone for use. Amazon is among the various companies that sell gift cards. You can buy eGift cards, Physical gift cards, or print at home ones.
eGift cards are quick to buy and send. It is possible to convert gift cards to cash by selling them to others, exchanging at Gift card exchange kiosks, or selling them at various websites.