Paypal is an online money transfer service with headquarters in San Jose, California, in the United States of America. You can send and receive money using the service. Furthermore, PayPal allows you to buy goods and services from specific merchants online. But can I send money from PayPal to Zelle? Transferring money from one platform to the other makes it possible for money to circulate.
Zelle is also an online payment platform that allows you to transfer money from one bank to the other. It helps save time that could be taken when you transfer money in the usual way. Usually, bank-to-bank transfers take around three days to complete. The time taken is due to various checkups involved in the process. Banks have to ascertain whether the sender has enough money to cater to the transaction and see whether the money is clean.
There are various kinds of illegal money transfers that can happen through banks and mobile wallets. Even PayPal can be an avenue of money laundering, terrorism funding, human trafficking, and other evil activities. That is why when opening either a bank account or a mobile wallet account, you have to present documents that correctly identify you. That way, no one will create a fake account unless they steal someone else’s identity.
How to open a PayPal account
The first step to using PayPal is opening an account. You can open a PayPal account online using your phone or computer whereby you need an active email address to get started. You can follow the steps below to open a PayPal account.
- Visit Pay.com
- Hit on Sign up for a PayPal account.
- Choose the type of PayPal account you would like to create. You can choose between a personal account and a business account.
- Next, click Get Started.
- Enter your phone number and click Continue.
- Enter your name, email address, and password.
- Click Continue
- Fill out the second form by hitting on your nationality and typing in your address.
- Enter any other required info, and PayPal will create your account.
- After that, you can add your debit, credit card, or bank account. Any of these will help you to fund your transactions when your PayPal account balance is low. You can also withdraw funds from PayPal to the bank account. If I want to transfer money from PayPal to my bank account, I must link a bank account with names that match those in my PayPal account, or else PayPal will reject the bank.
- Lastly, you have to verify your email address. You have to check your email address for a verification message from PayPal.
At this point, your PayPal account is ready to use. However, since you have not verified your PayPal account, you may have lots of restrictions regarding using your account. You can follow the procedure below to verify your PayPal account.
- Go to PayPal.com
- Log into your PayPal account.
- Hit the Pay & Get Paid option.
- Under Wallet, tap Banks & Cards.
- Select the bank account or payment card you want to verify.
- Check your bank account, debit, or credit card activity for PayPal’s deposit.
- You can confirm your account using the two deposit amounts (for bank accounts) or the 4-digit code (for cards). PayPal sends two small amounts of between $0.01 and $0.99 when using your bank or four-digit code to your phone when using a credit card.
How does PayPal work?
PayPal allows you to send and receive money. To send money via PayPal, you can follow the procedure below.
- Log into your PayPal account.
- Tap Send & Request at the top of the screen.
- Choose from the three options.
- Enter the phone number or email address of the recipient.
- Enter the amount of money to send.
- Click Continue.
- Review and confirm the details on the screen.
- Click Send Money Now.
The recipient should get the money within minutes since PayPal to PayPal transfers are instant. Also, you can move money from your PayPal account to a bank account. When people send money to your PayPal account, you can access cash easily through your bank account. The following procedure shows how you can withdraw money from PayPal to a bank account.
When using your computer,
- Navigate to your Wallet.
- Select Transfer Funds.
- Select Transfer to your bank account.
- Complete the process by following the prompts.
When using your PayPal account, follow the procedure below.
- Tap PayPal Balance on your screen.
- Select Withdraw Funds.
- Follow the prompts to complete your withdrawal.
There are two options to transfer money from PayPal to a bank or credit account. When transferring money to a bank account, you use the standard transfer. It takes three to five business days for the money to reflect on the bank account. Standard transfers are free of charge.
When moving money from PayPal to a debit card, you can use the instant transfer method. The eligible Visa or Mastercard debit card must link to your PayPal account for the transfer to succeed. The funds reach your card account within 30 minutes. The transfer attracts some fees, and you can see your fee amount every time you transfer money. The transfer cost is 1% of the amount transferred, to a maximum fee of $10.
How do you open a Zelle account?
To open a Zelle account using your mobile app. You only need to enter your basic contact information, including an email address and U.S. mobile number. You also need a Visa® or Mastercard® debit card with a U.S.-based account. Zelle does not accept debit cards associated with international deposit accounts, nor do they accept credit cards.
If your bank or credit union already accepts Zelle, you do not need to use Zelle separately. You can log into your online account or mobile banking and follow a few steps to set up your Zelle account.
How to use Zelle
After creating a Zelle account, you need to understand how to use a Zelle account. The primary use of Zelle is to send, request, or receive money.
To send money using Zelle,
- Add the recipient’s email address or U.S. phone number.
- Enter the amount you’d like to send or request.
- Review and add a memo.
- Hit “confirm.”
In most cases, the funds are available within a few minutes. Now the question remains, can you send money internationally with Zelle? Zelle does not operate internationally, and thus you cannot send money to an international recipient.
Most importantly, you should only use Zelle to send money to the people you trust. You can also receive money from other Zelle users when you share your email or phone number with them.
Can I send money From PayPal to Zelle?
Zelle and PayPal are not compatible. That means you cannot directly transfer money from PayPal to Zelle. However, you can use both platforms with the same bank account. Various banks work with Zelle and PayPal.
The first step to transferring money from PayPal to Zelle is enrolling in a bank that supports Zelle by following the steps I highlighted above. After that, you can link your PayPal account to your bank account in the following manner.
- Navigate to your Wallet.
- Hit on Link a bank. (If you’re using the app, tap Menu then Banks and Cards.)
- Look for your bank from the given list or search it.
- Enter your online banking details and link your bank to your PayPal account instantly.
Once the linking is successful, you can then transfer money to your bank account in the following manner.
- Navigate to My wallet.
- Select Transfer Money.
- Hit on Transfer to your bank.
- Choose the bank account where you want to deposit the money withdrawn.
- Click Continue.
- Enter the amount and click Next.
- Review the transfer details and click Transfer Now.
The money will reach your bank within 3-5 business days. Once they are in your bank account, the funds will still be available in your Zelle account. You need to understand that you must use it with your bank or credit union account for the transfer to succeed.
You can also send money from Zelle to PayPal using the same method.
What are Zelle and PayPal transfer limits?
It is important to understand the limits of the two types of accounts before initiating any transfer. You might be having a question like, how much money can you send through Zelle?
Such a question is valid, especially when you want to start using Zelle services. When using the Zelle app independently, the maximum amount you can send is $500 per week. When using the service with banks, the sending limits differ with different banks, and you can check with your bank to see the transfer limits.
With PayPal, your transfer limits depend on the status of your account as well as your country of residence. A verified PayPal account allows you to send up to $60,000, but you may be limited to $10,000.
PayPal is a money transfer service with headquarters in the US. The service allows you to send and receive money from others. You can also move funds from PayPal to a bank or credit union account. You must create a PayPal account to use the services. You cannot directly transfer money from PayPal to Zelle unless you use the same bank account.