America First Credit Union (AFCU) is a federally chartered financial company headquartered in Riverdale, Utah, United States. In terms of total membership, the credit union is the sixth largest credit union in the United States. Moreover, it is the ninth-largest credit union in terms of assets in the United States. Again, it is among the widespread credit unions that serve numerous states of the US. We shall look at the operations of America First Credit Union wire transfer later.
Wire transfer is a method of digital money transfer that allows the transfer of money between financial companies. It involves direct participation of the sending and the receiving financial company. Usually, domestic wire transfers can complete within 24 hours, while international transfers can take a few days. The transfers attract fees for sending and receiving and are suitable for moving large amounts of money.
Wire transfers for most credit unions are usually cheaper compared to banks. By the way, you might be wondering what credit unions are. Credit unions are financial companies that are member-owned. That means the members run the operations of the unions by using some representatives. Again, the institutions are not profit-oriented since their main aim is to uplift their members financially. Members can get loans and lines of credit at low interest.
Get Started With America First Credit Union
You can become a member online by registering yourself with the relevant details. Once you become a member, you will benefit from low loan rates, free services with convenience, and quality products for your financial needs. Apart from that, there is a lot you can do once you open an account with a financial company.
Depending on your needs, you can open a savings or a checking account. A savings account will allow you to keep finances for future uses and earn interest. In contrast, a checking account allows you to keep funds you can spend whenever you need them. To become one of the credit union’s members, you only need to visit the America First Credit Union website and tap the “Become a Member” tab to proceed.
You will need to provide details such as your Social security Number, identification document, email address, phone number, and physical address per the federal government requirements.
Membership Requirements For The America First Credit Union
There are various ways you can qualify to become a credit union member. They include the following:
- Live, work, worship, volunteer, or attend school in:
- Utah, Salt Lake, and Juab Counties
- Eligible areas of Cache, Davis, Rich, Washington, Iron, and Weber Counties, Utah
- Clark and Lincoln Counties, Nevada (except those residing within a 25-mile radius of the Alamo, Nevada U.S. Post Office)
- Maricopa County, Arizona
- Eligible areas of Churchill, Esmeralda, Lyon, Douglas, Mineral, Nye, Storey, Washoe, Nevada, and Carson City Counties
- Eligible areas of Mohave and Pima Counties, Arizona
- Qualifying areas in St. Johns, Page, and Arizona
- Eligible areas of Ada, Bear Lake, Bingham, Boise, Bannock, Bonneville, Canyon, Caribou, Clark, Jefferson, Madison, Owyhee, and Power Counties, Elmore, Franklin, Gem, and Idaho
- Qualifying areas of Malheur County, and Oregon
- Eligible areas of Bernalillo, Guadalupe, Harding, Chaves, De Baca, Mora, Quay, Sandoval, San Miguel, or Valencia Counties, Santa Fe, Torrance, and New Mexico
- Owners, employees, or suppliers in the food industry in Utah
- Employees or members of SEG (Select Employer Group) or an affiliated association
- Members of the immediate household or family of an existing member
- Spouses of members who died while eligible for membership
- Employees of America First Federal Credit Union
- Existing America First Federal Credit Union members
Process Of America First Credit Union Wire Transfer
Sending wires with the America First Credit Union is straightforward. You must first have an account with the platform to carry out the transfer. They process the transactions on time, and all the incoming wire transfers are quickly credited to your account without waiting a long time. You can open a business account online to send wire transfers.
Moreover, you can send a wire transfer by visiting any America First branch nearby. Alternatively, you can call the credit union at 1-800-999-3961. The outgoing wire transfers attract fees that vary with the amount you send. To get a clear picture of the fees you can pay for your transfer, you can see the Bank-to-Bank Transfer fees in the union’s Truth-in-Savings Rate and Fee Schedule.
Method To Receive A Wire Transfer For The America First Credit Union
Apart from sending wires with the America First Credit Union, you can also receive wires from others. You need to understand that the institution does not directly receive international wire transfers as you must use an intermediary bank for the transfer. You must provide the following details to the business or person sending the wire.
- Wire Routing and Transit Number: 324377516
- City, State: Ogden, Utah
- Financial Institution Name: America First Federal Credit Union
- Your America First Account Number
- Type of Account: Savings, Checking, Money Market, etc.
Remember that there is a fee for incoming wires. Earlier, I mentioned that most financial companies charge outgoing and incoming transfer fees.
Reasons To Choose America First Credit Union
There are various reasons why you should choose America First Credit Union over the others. They include the following:
- Wire transfers are fast.
- It is easy to qualify and apply for an account online.
- You can conveniently access your money online at more than 115 branches and ATMs with your Visa debit card.
- Loans with friendly interest rates.
- Ultimate account security. America First offers free Card Guard® mobile security that lets you decide where, how, and when to use your Visa®. Again, the cards are backed by 100% fraud protection.
- Special offers and discounts. There are various perks for America First membership, including free cash–back rebate programs, discounts to dozens of events & venues, free seminars, and additional advantages.
America First Credit Union (AFCU) is a financial company headquartered in Riverdale, Utah, United States. Regarding total membership, the credit union is the sixth-largest credit union in the United States. You can open a savings or a checking account with the institution. Also, you can open a business account and use it to send and receive wire transfers. You can open your account online or at a branch.